The Essex Hundred: Histories
Updated for 2013. An attractive book detailing Essex history in an informative and entertaining manner. From the Romans sacking of Colchester to Fords modern day wind turbines each chapters reflect the diversity of the county as well as....
Early Yorkshire Families
This work is an invaluable source of information for researchers interested in medieval Yorkshire or the feudal system generally....
A Grim Almanac of the Workhouse
This book contains 365 incredible tales of fires, drownings, explosions and disasters, infamous scandals such as the Andover affair - where inmates were forced to eat the bones they were supposed to be....
Voices from the Workhouse
Tells the real inside story of the workhouse - in the words of those who experienced the institution at first hand, either as inmates or....
The Kerry Chain,
This book will be of interest to both the family historian and those engaged in Irish immigration studies....
The Limerick Link
[Renfrew County, Ontario]
St. Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Parish, Glen Robertson - Baptisms, Marriages, Burials 1895-1925
The St. Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Parish in Glen Robertson, Glengarry County, Ontario has two registers from which the entries are transcribed into this book...
(Glengarry County, Ontario)
The Jesuit Mission in Acadie and Norèmbegue: 1611-1613
This volume is faithful translation to English of the many documents by Fr. Pierre Biard, S.J. pertaining to the Jesuit mission activity in the Acadia and Norèmbegue territory from...
Notices of Births, Conversions, Marriages, Deaths, Obituaries From Methodist Newspapers 1830-1900
The new Volume 12 is available now. 606 pages of detailed death announcements and obituaries that were originally printed in Methodist newspapers in Canada betweeen...
Bruce County's Black Pioneers
An essential read for everyone who has an interest in the early settlement of Bruce County regardless of racial origin...
Ultimate Sacrifice, Those who made the Ultimate Sacrific in the Royal Canadian Navy, The Royal Canadian Naval Reserve, and the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve 1939-1947
The records include naval service and personal information as well as photographs on individual sailors who lost...
Tracing Your Ancestors' Childhood,
Every family historian has child ancestors, and childhood experiences and records are an essential aspect of research into a past life. That is why Sue Wilkes’s detailed and accessible handbook is...
A Guide For Family Historians
[England & Wales]
Tracing Ancestors Using Census,
Packed with advice on how to explore and get the most from census records. As well as describing the modern censuses, it provides information on the less-known censuses dating from before 1841, and it covers the...
A Guide For Family Historians
[England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland]
News & How-To
Formerly branded as GlobalGazette.ca
Articles, press releases,and how-to information for everyone interested in genealogy and history
Subscribe to our free newsletter
FamilySearch INDEXING Update & New Indexing Resource Guide
Posted 19 February 2009
By Paul Nauta, Public Affairs Manager, FamilySearch.org
New Indexing Resource Guide
During the most recent update to the FamilySearch Indexing Web site, a resource guide was added under the Help tab. This page is a quick reference tool for finding answers to most indexing questions. It includes resources for indexers, arbitrators, group administrators, and stake extraction directors. It also includes language resources, such as handwriting helps for English, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, and Dutch.
To find the resource guide, go to www.familysearchindexing.org, click on the Help tab, and then click Publications.
Recently Completed Projects
Note: Recently completed projects have been removed from the available online indexing batches and will now go through a final completion check process in preparation for future publication.
- Argentina Censo 1869 - Buenos Aires 2
- Arkansas - 1920 US Census
- Colorado - 1920 US Census
- Connecticut - 1920 US Census
- Delaware - 1920 US Census
- Massachusetts 1855 State Census
- Massachusetts Death Records 1915
- Massachusetts Marriages 1906-1915
- Massachusetts Marriages - Part 2
- New Hampshire - Early to 1900 Deaths
- Tlaxcala 1930 Mexico Census
Current FamilySearch Indexing Projects
Record, Language, and Percent Completion
(*This percentage refers to a specific portion of a larger project.)
- Argentina Censo 1869 - Cordoba y San Luis Spanish 66%
- Argentina Censo 1869 - Corrientes y Entre Rios Spanish 3%
- Arkansas Marriages - Part 3 English 35%
- Belgium - Antwerp Foreigners Index English 19%
- Brandenburg Kirchenbücher German 38%*
- District of Columbia - 1920 US Federal Census English 38%
- España Lugo Registros Parroquiales [Part 1] Spanish 15%
- España Ávila Registros Parroquiales Spanish 32%
- Florida 1885 Census English 36%
- Florida 1935 Census English 95%
- France, Coutances, Paroisses de la Manche French 8%
- Massachusetts - 1865 State Census English 74%
- Nayarit - Censo de Mexico de 1930 English 44%
- New Brunswick 1871 Census English 3%
- Nicaragua, Managua Civil Records Spanish 10%
- Norway 1875 Census part 1 Norwegian 4%
- Nova Scotia 1871 Census English 3%
- Ontario 1861 Census English 42%
- Sonora - Censo de Mexico de 1930 Spanish 12%
- St Petersburg Kirchenbuchduplikat 1833-1885 German 1%
- Tabasco - Censo de Mexico de 1930 Spanish 10%
- Trento Italy Baptism Records, 1784-1924 Italian 49%
- UK - Cheshire - Church Records English 85%
- UK - Cheshire - Land Tax English 13%
- UK - Cheshire - School Records English 7%
- Ukraine Kyiv 1840-1842 Russian 3%
- Venezuela Mérida Registros Parroquiales Spanish 1%
Current FamilySearch Affiliate Projects
Record, Language, and Percent Completion
- Arkansas Marriages IV English 36%
- Belgique - Registres Des Décès (Français) French 14%
- België - Overlijdens Registers - In het Nederlands Dutch, Flemish 16%
- Bremer Schifflisten German 27%
- Flanders Death Registration French, Dutch, Flemish 37%
- Indiana Marriages 1882-Apr 1905 English 69%
- Nova Scotia Antigonish Church Records English 54%
- Ohio Tax Records - 2 of 4 English 67%
- Vermont Militia Records English 18%
Public Affairs Manager
FamilySearch is a nonprofit organization that maintains the world's largest repository of genealogical resources. Patrons may access resources online at FamilySearch.org or through the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, and over 4,500 family history centers in 70 countries. FamilySearch is a trademark of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. and is registered in the United States of America and other countries.
Volunteer a little of your time:
The free data on the FamilySearch website is transcribed by an impressive force of volunteer indexers worldwide (see www.familysearchindexing.org). Volunteers donate a little time each week or month transcribing select information from digital images of original source documents using FamilySearch's online indexing utility.
Anyone interested in joining the global, community-based indexing initiative, or wanting to see what projects are currently being indexed, can do so at www.familysearchindexing.org.
Experience is welcome but not necessary.
Rick Roberts, GlobalGenealogy.com
Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy: