Rebels and Raiders
[ Rebellion of 1837-1838 ]
First Métis Families of Quebec...
VOL 3: Martin Prevost &
Marie Olivier Sylvestre
Tracing Derry-Londonderry Roots
[ Ireland ]
Noose, Knife and Fire:
The Bloody Assize
[War of 1812]
Newcastle 150 years, 1856 - 2006 Sesquicentennial
Townships of Darlington & Clarke, Including Bowmanville & Newcastle
The Churches of Old Durham County
Scots-Irish Genealogy Research - Genealogy at a Glance guide
BOOK - Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada - Lanark County
(Commonly known as the Lanark County Historical Atlas 1880)
Originally published by H. Beldon and Company, 1880.
This premium-quality, limited-edition reprint published 2007
Behind today's high-speed cities are the slower paced memories of yester-year. These memories though often faded, have not dissappeared. They survive in old books, maps, documents, census records and black and white photographic views, hidden in the recesses of museums and archives.
The cover and book spine are stamped in gold-foil. The covering has a deeply grained, jet black finish. This image appears lighter because of camera flash.
The Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada - Lanark County, was originally published by H. Beldon & Company in 1880. It contains the maps of all the existing provinces at the time, as well as maps of the places where early Canadians emigrated from: Europe, Asia, North and South America, United States, Oceania and The World.
The original edition was published with the final section of the atlas being the dedicated to the history, maps and images of people and places in Lanark County, Ontario, Canada in 1880.
This county atlas consists of historical text, township and town maps, portraits, views, and patron's directory. In many county atlases of the time all of the names of residents were marked on the lots of the township maps. For The Dominion of Canada supplements however, only the names of subscribers were recorded on the township maps. All of these atlases were sold by subscription. Those residents of Lanark County who had the means, paid an additional sum to have their names addd to the township maps, contributed biographical sketches, portraits artistic renderings of their properties or businesses included in the atlases.
Contains many illustrations of people, homes,
farms and businesses in Lanark County in 1880.
This premium quality reprint of the original atlas has been printed in a limited edition.
Every Lanark County Township of 1880 is represented with a detailed map outlining the farm lots, rivers, creeks, roads, towns and villages. Subscribers to the original 1880 atlas have their names on their properties.
- Original title page
- New introduction
- General Index
- Dominion of Canada narrative - conditions and historical sketches of provinces and cities in Canada as it was known in 1880.
- Geology of the Dominion [of Canada]
- Chronological landmarks in the history of Canada
- General Information regarding The Royal Family, the Dominion Cabinet, the Senate, the House of Commons, the Provincial Legislatures, stamp duties, postal rates etc
- Reference Table - Post Offices of the Dominion showing money order and savings bank locations, and the province riding and community where they are located 
- The Banks of Canada with their capital, branches and foreign agents etc.
- The Canadian Tariff of Customs showing the duties payable on all goods imported into the Dominion
- Legal and Judiciary
- National and international maps
- Sketches, portraits artistic renderings of prominent Canadians and residents of Lanark County as well as sketches of their properties or businesses (1880 subscribers)
- Detailed maps of Canadian Provinces (most in colour)
- Lanark County map (colour) divided into townships
- Individual township maps (colour) of townships in Lanark County, divided into lots and concessions. Some names of owners appear on their property.
More sketches, portraits artistic renderings of residents of Lanark County as well as sketches of their properties or businesses (1880 subscribers)
- Historical sketch of the County of Lanark
Many painstaking hours have gone into restoring the original black copy as well as the the original maps, and re-inserting the colour to show how the original atlas looked almost 130 years ago.
Two page map of Lanark County, with township boundaries, towns, villages, lots and concessions.
We are very pleased to be able to make this limited edition reprint available to genealogical researchers, students, historians and archivists alike. This is an outstanding quality reproduction that is destined to become a treasured heirloom.
- 201 pages
- 14 X 18"
- Hardcover (heavy weight boards with premium quality textured covering in black)
- General Index (with both original and 2007 edition pagination)
- Maps (many are in colour)
- Biographical directory (1880 subscribers)
- Printed on heavy-weight acid-free paper
- ISBN 798-0-9784643-01
More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy:
Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants to Canada Before Confederation
Vols. 1, 2, 3 and 4 on 1 CD
Necessaries & Sufficiencies,
Planter Society in Londonderry,
Onslow & Truro Townships 1761-1780
The History of Acadia
Destination Canada, A Genealogical Guide to Immigration Records
Disappearing History of Niagara,
The Graveyards of a Frontier Township
Preserving Your Family Photographs
Fashionable Folks Hairstyles 1840-1900
How to Find Your Family History in Newspapers