The Essex Hundred: Histories
Updated for 2013. An attractive book detailing Essex history in an informative and entertaining manner. From the Romans sacking of Colchester to Fords modern day wind turbines each chapters reflect the diversity of the county as well as....
Early Yorkshire Families
This work is an invaluable source of information for researchers interested in medieval Yorkshire or the feudal system generally....
A Grim Almanac of the Workhouse
This book contains 365 incredible tales of fires, drownings, explosions and disasters, infamous scandals such as the Andover affair - where inmates were forced to eat the bones they were supposed to be....
Voices from the Workhouse
Tells the real inside story of the workhouse - in the words of those who experienced the institution at first hand, either as inmates or....
The Kerry Chain,
This book will be of interest to both the family historian and those engaged in Irish immigration studies....
The Limerick Link
[Renfrew County, Ontario]
St. Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Parish, Glen Robertson - Baptisms, Marriages, Burials 1895-1925
The St. Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Parish in Glen Robertson, Glengarry County, Ontario has two registers from which the entries are transcribed into this book...
(Glengarry County, Ontario)
The Jesuit Mission in Acadie and Norèmbegue: 1611-1613
This volume is faithful translation to English of the many documents by Fr. Pierre Biard, S.J. pertaining to the Jesuit mission activity in the Acadia and Norèmbegue territory from...
Notices of Births, Conversions, Marriages, Deaths, Obituaries From Methodist Newspapers 1830-1900
The new Volume 12 is available now. 606 pages of detailed death announcements and obituaries that were originally printed in Methodist newspapers in Canada betweeen...
Bruce County's Black Pioneers
An essential read for everyone who has an interest in the early settlement of Bruce County regardless of racial origin...
Ultimate Sacrifice, Those who made the Ultimate Sacrific in the Royal Canadian Navy, The Royal Canadian Naval Reserve, and the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve 1939-1947
The records include naval service and personal information as well as photographs on individual sailors who lost...
Tracing Your Ancestors' Childhood,
Every family historian has child ancestors, and childhood experiences and records are an essential aspect of research into a past life. That is why Sue Wilkes’s detailed and accessible handbook is...
A Guide For Family Historians
[England & Wales]
Tracing Ancestors Using Census,
Packed with advice on how to explore and get the most from census records. As well as describing the modern censuses, it provides information on the less-known censuses dating from before 1841, and it covers the...
A Guide For Family Historians
[England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland]
BOOK - The Picturesque St. Lawrence River, Kingston and Cape Vincent to Morristown and Brockville (1895)
By Jno. A. Haddock. Originally published in 1895.
This historical reprint by Global Heritage Press
This modern printing of The Picturesque St. Lawrence River will be of great interest to all of those who have a connection to the Thousand Islands region.
Though the book was originally published as a "souvenir" of the area, it serves a higher purpose for contemporary readers. It is more local history than momento. Filled with historical sketches and images of people and places on the Canadian and American sides of the river, The Picturesque St. Lawrence River provides the reader with a view of the connections between the families and communities discussed within its covers.
This printing is a faithful reproduction of the original with two exceptions. The original included two fold out plates. The first is a colour map of the area between Kingston and Chimney Island (near Brockville), and the other a picture of the waterfront skyline of early Kingston. We decided that these two features could be improved, so we increased the size of each. The colour map is now a 24" fold out. And the picture of Kingston from the water is a 16" fold out.
The Picturesque St. Lawrence River is printed on premium paper for the best possible reproduction of photographs and lithographs. Bound in sturdy hardcover with textured dark-green covering, this book will be treasured by family members for generations.
- The Chain of Title (who holds ownership of the islands)
- A Rainy Day at the Islands
- Biographical Sketches (including photos and lithographs)
- The Royal Military College - Canada's West Point
- General Description of the area - Historical and Opinions of Visitors
- Early "Indian" History
- Carleton Island and The Revolution
- Upon the Rivers in the Early 1840's
- The French Owners of The Thousand Islands
- Thousand Island Park
- The Crossmon House and Its Founders
- Some Biographical Sketches
- The Men I've Met upon The Great River
- A Bonaparte In Northern New York
- The Mystery of Maple Island
- Old Fort Frontenac and Modern (1895) Kingston
- The Thousand Islands in Autumn - The Pot Holes
- The Whittlesey Affair
- The "Patriot" War
- John Haddock's Celebrated Balloon Voyage with Prof. La Mountain
- The Awakening of Henry Backus
- The War of 1755, with an allusion to the "Lost Channel"
- The Castorland Colony
- Castorland and the French Settlement There
- Descriptions of the Thousand Islands (by travellers, historians, and statistical writers)
- Poetic Associations of the Thousand Islands (boat songs and poems)
- Geology of the Thousand Islands
- Boundaries of the Thousnad Islands
- Light Houses of the Thousand islands
- Navigation and Lumbering
- The St Lawernce Real Estate Association
- Membership Lists - Thousand Island Club
- Island Directory (names of islands and owners from Clayton NY to Goose Bay)
- Early Recollections of Alexanderia Bay
- Along the Saint Lawrence in the War Days of 1861-1865
- Grand View Park
- What Caused the St. Lawrence River...
- The Technique of Fishing
- The Anglers Association of The St. Lawrence River (pre 1895)
- The Phantom Minnow
- Gananoque - Past and Present (1895)
- Brockville - Gateway to the Thousand Islands
- The Folger Brothers
- The Origin of Printing on the Shores of The St. Lawrence
- More Biographical Sketches
- Picturesque Kingston
- More About Kingston
- Carleton Villa
- Count Frontenac
- Central park Hotel
8" Wide X 11" Tall
Hardcover (premium grade)
Fold-out colour map (11" X 24") of Kingston to Chimney Island (Near Brockville)
Fold-out photograph (11" X 16") of Kingston skyline (1895)
Photographs and illustrations of people and places (sample)
Originally published by Jno. A. Haddock, Watertown, New York, 1895
This historical reprint by Global Heritage Press, Milton, Ontario, 2009
More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy: