New Arrivals    Books    Archival Products   Charts   Newsletters   Upcoming Events   Contact Us  

Popular Categories

   How-To - Genealogy Misc.
   How-To - Write & Publish
   How-To - Conservation
   Canada
      - Acadie, Acadian
      - New Brunswick
      - Newfoundland & Lab.
      - Nova Scotia
      - Ontario
      - Prince Edward Island
      - Quebec
      - Western Canada
      - First Nations, Metis
      - Military - Before 1920
      - Loyalists / UEL
      - Pioneers' Stories
   British Home Children
   England & Wales
   Ireland & Northern Ireland
   Scotland
   United States
      - American Revolution
   more countries...

   Archival Products

   Genealogy Charts
   Magnifiers

   Gift Certificates


Popular Authors

   Thomas MacEntee
   Paul Milner
   Chris Paton
   Ron W. Shaw
   Gavin K. Watt


Popular Publishers

   Global Heritage Press
   MacDonald Research
   OGS - Ottawa Branch
   Unlock The Past



Search by topic, title, author or word:


Eastern Ontario
Genealogy & History Resources
Includes counties of Addington, Carleton, Dundas, Frontenac, Glengarry, Grenville, Hastings,
Lanark, Leeds, Lennox, Prescott, Prince Edward, Renfrew, Russell, Stormont
Cities include Belleville, Cornwall, Kingston, Perth, Ottawa, etc.


Central Ontario Resources | Western Ontario Resources | Eastern Ontario Resources
Northern Ontario Resources | More Canadian Resources



BOOK - Christ Church Anglican Cemetery, Ashton, Ontario
Recorded by Mary & Alan Rayburn. Assisted by James Heal
Originally published by Ottawa Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1985
This edition published by Global Heritage Press, Ottawa, 2018


Coilbound... 14.95 (C$)
pdf download.....9.95 (C$)
Link emailed within 1 business day
Licensed for personal use only


Coilbound Edition



The Anglican parish has its roots deeply implanted in the history of the village of Ashton and surrounding area which was inhabited by early settlers of the 1800's. This book provides an accurate and complete transcription of the information recorded on the memorial stones that were in the cemetery during the summer of 1985 by Ottawa Branch members of the Ontario Genealogical Society, Mary and Alan Rayburn, assisted by fellow volunteer James Heal. The cemetery is located on Lot 1, Concession 8, Goulbourn Township, Carleton County, Ontario.

Contents include:
  • Introduction (reprinted from the leaflet produced for the 140th Anniversary of the Church on June 23, 1985)
  • Photos
  • Cemetery plot plan
  • Map - Locations of gravestones (numbered)
  • Transcriptions of all stones, in numerical order matched to included map of gravestones
  • Index   Browse the complete Index
About Ashton, Ontario:
    'The small village of Ashton is located about 40 kilometres (25 mi) southwest of Downtown Ottawa, Ontario, at the intersection of Ashton Station Road and Flewellyn Road. Ashton Station Road runs through the centre of the community, and serves as the south-western boundary line for the City of Ottawa, thus making the eastern half of the hamlet part of Ottawa, and the western portion part of Lanark County. The eastern half of the community was originally part of Goulbourn Township, which was amalgamated into the City of Ottawa in 2001. It is home to approximately 200 residents. The headwaters of the Jock River, which runs through the heart of the community, are just to the west of the hamlet. There is a general store, a pub, several churches and a community center. Unlike many communities surrounding the burgeoning city of Ottawa, Ashton has remained relatively unchanged for many years. Public high school students in this area go to South Carleton High School in Richmond. The village was first laid out and settled by John Sumner, general merchant and postmaster, on the Goodwood river. By 1866-7, it was in the township of Goulbourne, close to the dividing line between the counties of Carleton and Lanark. It had a population of about 100, and contained two churches-Presbyterian, a stone edifice; and Church of England, also stone; and one common school, with an average attendance of about 40 pupils. Originally the community was called Sumner's Corners and then Mount Pleasant. However, that name was duplicated elsewhere in the province, so it was renamed in 1851 for Ashton-under-Lyme, a suburb of Manchester, England' - Wikipedia (March, 2018)
27 Pages
8.5 X 11"
Index
Originally published by Ottawa Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1985
1985 edition ISBN (none recorded)
This edition published by Global Heritage Press, Ottawa 2018
New ISBN 978-1-77240-100-4 (Coilbound)






More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy:

© GlobalGenealogy.com Inc. 1992-2018
Sign up for our free newsletter!   |   Unsubscribe from our newsletter




































The Merivale Cemeteries
(Protestant - Ottawa area)