First Métis Families of Quebec. Volume 4: Descendants of Pierre Couc dit Lafleur and Marie Mitequamigoukoue, an Algonquin
Diary of James W. Carpenter 1880-1907, Past to Present
[Ontario & Michigan]
Tracing Mining Ancestors: A Brief Guide to Resources in Australia and New Zealand
A Short Service History & Master Roll of James Rogers' 2nd Battalion, King's Rangers
[American Revolution / Loyalist]
Tracing Your West Country Ancestors, A Guide for Family Historians [England]
Lanark Era BMDs,
Volume Four, 1936-1939
Tracing Your Ancestors'
A Guide For Family Historians
[England & Wales]
Ireland, An Alphabetical Index
of Townlands and Towns
Now on CD too
Commemorative Biographical Record of the County of Essex, Ontario (1905)
Now on CD too
The Battle of Fort George
27th May, 1813
Now on CD too
Notes on the History of the
District of Niagara 1791 - 1793
Now on CD too
Ten Years of The
Colony of Niagara 1780-1790
Now on CD too
Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis
Buried Treasure: what’s in the English parish chest
St Alexander R. C. Parish
Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
& Gravestones 1863-1932
[Lochiel Twp, Glengarry Co., Ontario]
The R.C. Parish of Precious Blood, Glen Walter - Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1913-1962
[Glengarry County, Ontario]
Some long lost Births, Marriages Deaths along the St. Lawrence River from Dundas to Glengarry County, Ontario c1840-c1950
Petitions, Land Grants & Land Petitions For the Counties of Glengarry and Stormont, Ontario - a Finding Aid
Tracing Coalmining Ancestors,
Guide For Family Historians
Collection of Lanark County,
Ontario Marriage Records 1817-1967
Genealogy & History Resources
Includes counties of Addington, Carleton, Dundas, Frontenac, Glengarry, Grenville, Hastings,
Lanark, Leeds, Lennox, Prescott, Prince Edward, Renfrew, Russell, Stormont
Cities include Belleville, Cornwall, Kingston, Perth, Ottawa, etc.Central Ontario Resources | Western Ontario Resources | Eastern Ontario Resources
Northern Ontario Resources | More Canadian Resources
BOOK - Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada - Lanark County
(Commonly known as the Lanark County Historical Atlas 1880)
Originally published by H. Beldon and Company, 1880.
This premium-quality, limited-edition reprint published 2007
Behind today's high-speed cities are the slower paced memories of yester-year. These memories though often faded, have not dissappeared. They survive in old books, maps, documents, census records and black and white photographic views, hidden in the recesses of museums and archives.
The cover and book spine are stamped in gold-foil. The covering has a deeply grained, jet black finish. This image appears lighter because of camera flash.
The Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada - Lanark County, was originally published by H. Beldon & Company in 1880. It contains the maps of all the existing provinces at the time, as well as maps of the places where early Canadians emigrated from: Europe, Asia, North and South America, United States, Oceania and The World.
The original edition was published with the final section of the atlas being the dedicated to the history, maps and images of people and places in Lanark County, Ontario, Canada in 1880.
This county atlas consists of historical text, township and town maps, portraits, views, and patron's directory. In many county atlases of the time all of the names of residents were marked on the lots of the township maps. For The Dominion of Canada supplements however, only the names of subscribers were recorded on the township maps. All of these atlases were sold by subscription. Those residents of Lanark County who had the means, paid an additional sum to have their names addd to the township maps, contributed biographical sketches, portraits artistic renderings of their properties or businesses included in the atlases.
Contains many illustrations of people, homes,
farms and businesses in Lanark County in 1880.
This premium quality reprint of the original atlas has been printed in a limited edition.
Every Lanark County Township of 1880 is represented with a detailed map outlining the farm lots, rivers, creeks, roads, towns and villages. Subscribers to the original 1880 atlas have their names on their properties.
- Original title page
- New introduction
- General Index
- Dominion of Canada narrative - conditions and historical sketches of provinces and cities in Canada as it was known in 1880.
- Geology of the Dominion [of Canada]
- Chronological landmarks in the history of Canada
- General Information regarding The Royal Family, the Dominion Cabinet, the Senate, the House of Commons, the Provincial Legislatures, stamp duties, postal rates etc
- Reference Table - Post Offices of the Dominion showing money order and savings bank locations, and the province riding and community where they are located 
- The Banks of Canada with their capital, branches and foreign agents etc.
- The Canadian Tariff of Customs showing the duties payable on all goods imported into the Dominion
- Legal and Judiciary
- National and international maps
- Sketches, portraits artistic renderings of prominent Canadians and residents of Lanark County as well as sketches of their properties or businesses (1880 subscribers)
- Detailed maps of Canadian Provinces (most in colour)
- Lanark County map (colour) divided into townships
- Individual township maps (colour) of townships in Lanark County, divided into lots and concessions. Some names of owners appear on their property.
More sketches, portraits artistic renderings of residents of Lanark County as well as sketches of their properties or businesses (1880 subscribers)
- Historical sketch of the County of Lanark
Many painstaking hours have gone into restoring the original black copy as well as the the original maps, and re-inserting the colour to show how the original atlas looked almost 130 years ago.
Two page map of Lanark County, with township boundaries, towns, villages, lots and concessions.
We are very pleased to be able to make this limited edition reprint available to genealogical researchers, students, historians and archivists alike. This is an outstanding quality reproduction that is destined to become a treasured heirloom.
- 201 pages
- 14 X 18"
- Hardcover (heavy weight boards with premium quality textured covering in black)
- General Index (with both original and 2007 edition pagination)
- Maps (many are in colour)
- Biographical directory (1880 subscribers)
- Printed on heavy-weight acid-free paper
- ISBN 798-0-9784643-01
More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy:
Oakville and the Sixteen
Historic Sketches of Oshawa
Historic Hastings - Volume One
Historical Sketches of the
County of Elgin
The History Of Queens County
The Old Eastern District
Old Sydney, Sketches of the Town and Its People in Days Gone By
Pontiac County Protestant Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1864-1911