Writing and Publishing
Your Family History
ScotlandsPeople: The Place to Launch Your Scottish Research
Discover English Parish Registers
Those Splendid Girls, The Heroic
Service of Prince Edward Island
Nurses in the Great War
Record of Essex Couny, Ontario
Searching for Family History Photos:
How to Get ‘em Now!
Gateway to a New World
The Great War, A Guide
to the Service Records of
All the World's Fighting Men
Ontario Newspaper Transcriptions
Birth, Marriage, Death & more
The Basics and Beyond
Laying Children’s Ghosts to Rest:
Canada’s Home Children in the West
The Battle of Fort George
[War of 1812 at Niagara]
Photo Organizing Practices:
Daguerreotypes to Digital
Ten Years of
The Colony of Niagara 1780-90
Notes on the History of
the District of Niagara 1791 - 1793
Polish Roots. Second Edition
Acid-free Buffered Boxes
Letter & Legal other sizes
ATLAS - Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada
Originally published by H. Beldon and Company, 1880.
This premium-quality, limited-edition reprint published 2008
The memories of yester-year, though often faded, have not dissappeared. They survive in old books, maps, documents, census records and black and white photographic views, hidden in the recesses of museums and archives.
The cover and book spine are stamped in gold-foil. The covering has a deeply grained, dark burgundy finish.
14 X 18.5"
The Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada, was originally published by H. Beldon & Company in 1880. It contains the maps of all the existing provinces at the time, as well as maps of the places where many early Canadians emigrated from: Europe, Asia, North and South America, United States, Oceania and The World.
The atlas includes much historical text, maps, portraits, and views of a variety of people and communities across Canada.
Many painstaking hours have gone into restoring the original pages as well as the the original maps. The maps were shot to film, then repaired by a leading professional. The colour maps had the original fded and stained colours removed, then pined with clean new colours in the same shades as were riginaly printed. This atlas looks as good or better than the original atlas looked, almost 130 years ago.
- Original title page
- New introduction
- General Index
- Dominion of Canada narrative - conditions and historical sketches of provinces and cities in Canada as it was known in 1880.
- Geology of the Dominion [of Canada]
- Chronological landmarks in the history of Canada
- General Information regarding The Royal Family, the Dominion Cabinet, the Senate, the House of Commons, the Provincial Legislatures, stamp duties, postal rates etc
- Reference Table - Post Offices of the Dominion showing money order and savings bank locations, and the province riding and community where they are located 
- The Banks of Canada with their capital, branches and foreign agents etc.
- The Canadian Tariff of Customs showing the duties payable on all goods imported into the Dominion
- Legal and Judiciary
- National and international maps
- Sketches, portraits artistic renderings of prominent Canadians as well as sketches of properties or businesses
- Detailed maps of Canadian Provinces (most in colour)
We are very pleased to be able to make this limited edition reprint available to genealogical researchers, students, historians and archivists alike. This is an outstanding quality reproduction that is destined to become a treasured heirloom.
- 111 pages
- 14 X 18.5"
- Hardcover (heavy weight boards with premium quality textured covering in dark burgundy)
- General Index (with both original and 2008 edition pagination)
- Maps (many maps are in colour)
- Printed on heavy-weight acid-free paper
More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy:
Marriage Law for Genealogists
The Definitive Guide
[England & Wales]
Annotated Roll of
Butler's Rangers 1777- 1784
Les Filles du roi
Daughters of the King
Ignored but Not Forgotten,
Canada's English Immigrants
Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants to Canada Before Confederation
Vols. 1, 2, 3 and 4 on 1 CD
Necessaries & Sufficiencies,
Planter Society in Londonderry,
Onslow & Truro Townships 1761-1780
The History of Acadia
Destination Canada, A Genealogical Guide to Immigration Records