Researching in German
Civil and Church Records
How to Write Your Family History: A Guide to Creating, Planning, Editing and Publishing Family Stories
Citing Historical Sources:
A Manual for Family Historians
Social Media for Family Historians - Second Edition
Death Certificates and Archaic Medical Terms
[an Australian perspective]
Evernote for Family Historians
The Centenary Celebration of the Battle of Lundy's Lane
[War of 1812]
DNA for Genealogists
The Place to Launch Your
Scottish Research - 2nd Edition
Historical notes... R.C. Diocese of
[Glengarry, Stormont counties, Ontario]
ATLAS - Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada
Originally published by H. Beldon and Company, 1880.
This premium-quality, limited-edition reprint published 2008
The memories of yester-year, though often faded, have not dissappeared. They survive in old books, maps, documents, census records and black and white photographic views, hidden in the recesses of museums and archives.
The cover and book spine are stamped in gold-foil. The covering has a deeply grained, dark burgundy finish.
14 X 18.5"
The Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Dominion of Canada, was originally published by H. Beldon & Company in 1880. It contains the maps of all the existing provinces at the time, as well as maps of the places where many early Canadians emigrated from: Europe, Asia, North and South America, United States, Oceania and The World.
The atlas includes much historical text, maps, portraits, and views of a variety of people and communities across Canada.
Many painstaking hours have gone into restoring the original pages as well as the the original maps. The maps were shot to film, then repaired by a leading professional. The colour maps had the original fded and stained colours removed, then pined with clean new colours in the same shades as were riginaly printed. This atlas looks as good or better than the original atlas looked, almost 130 years ago.
- Original title page
- New introduction
- General Index
- Dominion of Canada narrative - conditions and historical sketches of provinces and cities in Canada as it was known in 1880.
- Geology of the Dominion [of Canada]
- Chronological landmarks in the history of Canada
- General Information regarding The Royal Family, the Dominion Cabinet, the Senate, the House of Commons, the Provincial Legislatures, stamp duties, postal rates etc
- Reference Table - Post Offices of the Dominion showing money order and savings bank locations, and the province riding and community where they are located 
- The Banks of Canada with their capital, branches and foreign agents etc.
- The Canadian Tariff of Customs showing the duties payable on all goods imported into the Dominion
- Legal and Judiciary
- National and international maps
- Sketches, portraits artistic renderings of prominent Canadians as well as sketches of properties or businesses
- Detailed maps of Canadian Provinces (most in colour)
We are very pleased to be able to make this limited edition reprint available to genealogical researchers, students, historians and archivists alike. This is an outstanding quality reproduction that is destined to become a treasured heirloom.
- 111 pages
- 14 X 18.5"
- Hardcover (heavy weight boards with premium quality textured covering in dark burgundy)
- General Index (with both original and 2008 edition pagination)
- Maps (many maps are in colour)
- Printed on heavy-weight acid-free paper
More Canadian Genealogy & History Resources from Global Genealogy:
Up to 40% OFF
The French Régime in
Prince Edward Island
Across the Waters: Ontario Immigrants' Experiences, 1820-1850
Wolfe Island, A Legacy in Stone [Ontario]
The History Of Shefford
[Shefford Township, Quebec]
The Sash Canada Wore,
A Historical Geography of
The Orange Order in Canada
The Land Newly Found,
Eyewitness Accounts of the
Canadian Immigrant Experience
Toronto Illustrated 1893
Index to the 1871 Census of Toronto
Index to the 1871 Census of York County, Ontario